By no means am I a professional book reviewer, but I have an undying passion for reading and I genuinely enjoy telling people about the books I read, whether they want to listen or not. I would therefore love to hear from publishers and authors (indie or published), and I’d be more than happy to consider review requests!
My review policy:
- I will give 100% honest reviews. This means that not all reviews will necessarily be positive. That I get a free copy does not mean I’ll automatically give a positive review. I always try to write my reviews as clear, constructive, and balanced as possible and I trust the author to handle any opinions with professionalism.
- I will not accept any form of payment for reviews/promoting books; that is just not the way I want to run this blog. Receiving a free copy of a book is payment enough for me.
- I am interested in receiving preferably print-ARCs and -books, whether they be paperback or hardback. I prefer this for several practical reasons, but I understand very few are willing to ship a physical copy to Norway, where I live. Therefore I also accept e-books in .mobi format. I will delete the e-book copies I receive from all my units when I’m done reading and reviewing, and I will of course not share or distribute these copies without the author’s consent.
- I’d like my content to be available to the widest audience possible, so I write all my reviews in English, even if the book I’m reading happens to be written in my first language, which is Norwegian. I can write the same review in Norwegian if desired, but I’ll still include the English version.
- Normally it will take between 2 – 3 weeks from I have received a copy of the book until my review is up. However, this blog is not something that I run full-time. My posting of a review also depends on the length of the book, how many reviews I have scheduled to post first, and also on how much life cuts into my reading time. Please note that if I’m backed-up or busy it can take longer than 3 weeks, but I promise that I did not forget so I’d appreciate if you’d refrain from sending me emails asking where the review is.
- Depending on the length of the book, my reviews are typically between 500-900 words long, synopsis included.
- I have the right to decline review requests, especially if there are too many requests pending or if life gets too much in the way of reading/reviewing.
- I use a rating system of 1 to 5 stars – you can find out what the stars mean here. The book will also be filed under its designated rating category (see sidebar menu).
- I am willing to participate in giveaways, blog tours, and guest posts, as well as author interviews.
- In addition to my WordPress blog, I also post on Instagram (to more than 2k followers) and on Goodreads (this is rating only).
I am interested in a wide variety of genres, including:
- Young adult
- New adult
- Magical realism
- Graphic novels
Feel free to contact me!
Please note: The majority of books I put up for review have been purchased by myself, gifted to me, or borrowed from family/friends, and I am reviewing these books on my own initiative. None of my posts are sponsored.